Tuesday 27 January 2009

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!

I finally went to the gym yesterday – hurrah!

Because I’m still having problems with my eyesight, I can only use stationary items, such as the rowing machine and certain weight-bearing units.

Nevertheless, I’m glad that at least I can see something and thanks to my bout of having Chinese medicine treatment, I can certainly feel an improvement.

I’m not ignoring established medical advice and after nagging my doctors, I’ve secured an appointment for an MRI-scan early next month, to find out why my sight has deteriorated.

Before, they said the earliest I can be seen was July 2009!

In the meantime, my Chinese medicine therapy consists of drinking a tea, twice a day, called Bai Xian Pi, which clears Heat, expels toxins, and calms itching.

Considering my dislike of needles, I find it strange that I would ever agree to acupuncture but because I’m so desperate to get better and considering the medics don’t know what’s wrong with me – which is why eye laser treatment is out of the question – rather than sit back and feel self-pity, I’d rather get up and do something about it.

I’m going to have my next session tomorrow at 12noon, so wish me luck!

Looking at the newspapers today, most are full of Prince Harry’s former girlfriend Chelsy Davy wearing so much make-up she looked ORANGE.

Talk about looking forward to a bright future!

I’m glad that four Lords at the centre of the peers for hire scandal are being investigated.

Regardless of the political views, this is an important vindication for journalism in safeguarding the truth and preventing corruption having a base in the UK’s political structure.

US President Barack Obama has reversed the Bush regime on environmental policy and has allowed individual states in America to impose stricter car pollution laws.

Considering the USA is the world’s highest polluter, I hope this change works for the better.

Congratulations to no-longer-ginger-spice girl Geri Halliwell on getting engaged to Fabrizio Politi. I wish them both the very best in life.

Extra congratulations to pop star and actress Jessica Simpson – yes she’s put on weight but looks better for it.

Her pictures of her performing at a festival showed she had curves in the right places – good for her.

I also see that a witch has put a hex on the judges of Britain’s Got Talent judges Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden.

Real people of ignorance will accept this woman’s behaviour but the majority of us will know that her remarks were simply down to sour grapes that she wasn’t picked and simply move on.

I’m glad that Kelly Brook was able to wave and smile after she left a beauty salon in West London yesterday.

It was sad that it didn’t work out for her on the Britain’s Got Talent but as she showed years ago when she was terminated from the then Channel 4 show The Big Breakfast, this woman is a survivor and will always come up trumps.

I’ve been listening to Chris Rock on the following internet site: www.thelaughbutton.com

Even if Mr Rock isn’t your cup of tea, the various artists on this site mean you will find something you’ll like.

Don’t hesitate to visit my other site: www.andriagreaves.com


Andria Greaves - never scared.

No comments: