Tuesday 20 January 2009

HEAVEN AND HELL

Hi to everyone.

So much is going on in the world of late!

Like many, I’m going to enjoy watching Barack Obama being sworn in as the 44th President of the USA.

His success speaks for everyone who have fought hard to get where they are today, so let us enjoy today and be thankful that people of all races are realising the importance of getting the right person to do the job, regardless of race or age.

I must admit I also feel for Jade Goody and her battle against cervical cancer.

Yes she did upset a lot of people, not just Shilpa Shetty, with her remarks in the last Celebrity Big Brother but like most people in the UK, I truly wish her a speedy recovery and hope she’s back on top form soon.

I’ve not been watching this year’s Celebrity Big Brother as much as the last time. I suppose it’s because I’ve got so much on at the moment, with study and fitting in work experience in between coursework and holidays.

I realise Michelle, the former Liberty X singer was the latest celebrity to be booted off, in a stand-off between herself and TV presenter Ulrika Jonsson.

Many people are waiting for Ms Jonsson to spill the beans on affairs with former England manager Sven Gorran-Erikson and former Aston Villa striker Stan Collymore, so I’m not surprised that Michelle was evicted.

Nevertheless, I hope her time on the show pays off and gives her the springboard to re-launch her career.

In football, it’s clear that Liverpool have dented their title hopes with a one-all draw against Everton yesterday.

But the big football story by far is Brazilian footballer Kaka saying no to a transfer to Manchester City.

It just goes to show that money isn’t everything - but it is important as he already gets £6million a year. He’s also deeply religious - Kaka recently took off his AC Milan shirt to reveal his t-shirt, which said in perfect English: “I belong to Jesus.”

He remained a virgin until his wedding day in December 2005, to his childhood sweetheart Caroline Cellco.

Those two acts alone are admirable.

Kaka also often prays with his team-mates when he meets up with the Brazilian national team.

Looking at the debauchery that exists in the world of top-flight English football - which helped to corrupt George Best who wasn’t strong enough to resist the temptations - it’s probably for the best that his move to Manchester City has collapsed.

I’m looking at where I’m going to spend my holidays and looking at the pictures of Chelsea billionaire Roman Abramovich and singer Amy Winehouse letting it all hang out – literally – during their break in the Caribbean, it’s providing amusement to the good knowledge that at least I’ll be able to enjoy mine, wherever it is, knowing that no-one but me will care about how I look – which isn’t good at the moment!

I’m finally going to the gym today to do some toning.

It will be the first time this year that I’ll be making the effort to shape up. No excuses today.

On a happier note, I see that Tilly Lockey, a three year-old girl has got a pair of false hands as hers were destroyed when he contracted the brain bug Meningitis when she was just 17 months old.

Her new hands work by sensors attached to her elbows that pick up her muscle movements.

Congratulations Tilly and I hope your campaign to get prosthetic limbs goes well.

If you want to donate anything, click on: www.givetillyahand.com

Don’t forget to visit my other site: www.andriagreaves.com

Light and Peace

Andria

No comments: