Friday 20 February 2009

THE UK IS A FAST FOOD NATION!

Yes it seems that there are winners to be found in the current economic trend and it’s not just the pawnbrokers.

Demand for junk food is soaring, with KFC announcing plans to hire up to 9,000 staff to help open and run up to 300 new outlets.

Pizza delivery company Dominos and burger chain McDonald’s have also done well and revealed a big rise in profits this week.

Sandwich chain Subway is opening more shops in Britain and Ireland this year and budget chains Lidl and Aldi have also seen an increase in sales.

All this doesn’t look good when fighting obesity, which is already a real cause for concern affecting the UK as it is!

£££££££

The picture of magician Paul Daniels, 70, and his wife Debbie McGee, 50, are both funny and clever.

In a light-hearted take on the Beckhams’ recent fashion shoot for Armani, this couple are clearly determined to up their profile.

The full feature appears in Closer magazine, on sale now.

£££££££

The search for Lord Allen Stanford continues!

The U.S Securities and Exchange Commission has accused the Texan financer of defrauding 50,000 customers around the world in a multibillion-dollar investment scheme.

This Lord, who changed the shape of worldwide cricket with his winner-takes-all match in Antigua, can’t seem to be found anywhere.

Not surprisingly, English cricket’s governing body will not proceed with plans to stage further Stanford Twenty20 matches or the Stanford Super Series - the first match had been due to be held at Lord’s this May.

£££££££

IT SEEMS LIKE MANCHESTER UNITED HAVE WON THE TITLE – AGAIN!

I hope that doesn’t sound defeatist but I think that after the consistency this team’s shown, it’s more than likely that Man U have already romped home.

Many view Liverpool FC’s manager Rafael Benítez’s decision to sell Robbie Keane back to Tottenham Hotspur as a big mistake to their title chances, particularly now, looking at the current health issues surrounding Steven Gerrard.

With Scolari gone, it’s highly doubtful they’ll be another manager able to prevent Manchester United from gaining another title win.

Don’t get me wrong, I do want Sir Alex to have real competition and I hope he’s pushed to the limit but inevitably his team’s playing right and showing good, regular consistency.

I’ll be happy to be proven wrong but I doubt it.

£££££££

I’ve grown up watching The Simpsons’ so seeing the new shots of them going around the world trying to catch their sofa, instead of rushing to sit on it, is amazing.

I know all the other shots by heart, including Bart having to write lines on the chalkboard, Maggie being scanned through a till, Lisa showing indifference at being thrown out of the school orchestra.

But now their sofa will lead them out of Springfield to Venice and outer space!

To watch the new opening credits, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGz1Ajg7QU

£££££££

It seems that Victoria Beckham has finally found her calling in life.

Her new range of designer outfits has gone down well.

I admit, looking at the range of clothes, I can now see why the critics were forced to ‘eat their words’.

Her sexy dresses are exactly that and are flattering too.

I would buy the mini-shirted purple one, displayed in the Metro newspaper on 17th February 2009, page 23, if I had the money for it.

Well done Mrs Beckham – as soon as my course is over, I’m making sure I’ll get the dress I like.

Don’t hesitate to view my other internet site: www.andriagreaves.com


I've included some pictures when I was in Barbados in January 2006.

The one at the bottom is my cousin Stephanie with her arms around a cooking pot which was used to dish food out to the slaves who were working on sugar plantations - my ancestors.

The second picture is of my uncle Ambrose hugging his wife Margaret, with his daughter sitting on the right of them - may you truly rest in peace, dear uncle.


Light and Peace

Andria

Enc





No comments: