Monday 23 February 2009

I feel I’ve gone 12 rounds in a boxing match today

Hi to one and all

I’ve been learning how to use Final Cut Pro to edit television/film footage.

It took us – a team of four women - all day to get footage for a news package that only lasts one minute and thirty seconds!

My colleague Stuart – who was in a different team - was smart enough to start his on Friday just gone, so his news package is already sorted – nice one! (I say this in total admiration, not anger or jealously).

Everyone else, including my team, will have to finish ours on Tuesday.

I was a football steward again on Saturday 21st February, at the home ground of Queens Park Rangers – QPR - at home to Ipswich FC.

The final score, which I found out the next day on the internet, was QPR 1 Ipswich 3.

That probably explains why I had an unwanted discord with a QPR fan at half time, who was blocking a fire exit door but wouldn’t budge when I politely asked him to do so.

At least a third of the CES staff didn’t turn up, which explains why I was managing two VIP doors and the toilets – the men always seem to stray into the ladies room! In most cases, it’s a genuine mistake.

Nevertheless, what I enjoyed about this football game, which I didn’t get to watch, was distributing the left-over food to the stewards and hospitality staff who were working that day.

I always ensure to do this fairly, as many of these workers start their shift on an empty stomach, so if some food is available, I think it’s only right to make sure everyone gets a fair share.

I’m grateful the catering staff are aware they can trust me to do the right thing, rather than hog up the food for myself or reserve it for a few ‘favourites’ that get everything.

As I saw with my own eyes, the supervisors continuously pestered catering for free food and didn’t give two-hoots for anyone else.

I admit, I like the responsibility, as it shows the permanent catering staff realise I’m also a responsible and reliable person.

That means so much to me, for which I’m grateful as to have authority does equal responsibility.

Those that abuse this, whether it be at a football match or running a national magazine, will be caught out, no matter what they do or say, or how much time has elapsed.

I’ve included some more pictures of my time in Barbados, including the Chase family vault and some school kids – please go and see this country!

Don’t hesitate to visit my other internet site: www.andriagreaves.com

Light and Peace

Andria

X

PS, if you want to have something to laugh about, please go to YouTube and see this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIqRvg3TAfk






No comments: