Thursday 12 February 2009

I’M GOING TO STAR IN A DOCUMENTARY!


Hi to one and all

A journalist on the International Journalism course, broadcast pathway, at the University of Westminster has asked me to feature in a documentary about being a football ground steward and how to tackle ground violence.

It will also be asking me about grounds behaviour, especially in the wake of a man fined £450.00 for head-butting a steward in Milton Keynes last week and the reactions of Chelsea FC fans regarding the decision to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari as their manager.

Other concerns addressed in the programme include managing rowdy fans, alcohol and drink issues.

I’m grateful that Natasha Kersh – the producer and presenter of the documentary - wants to hear from me and I’m willing to give my views, opinions and insights.

This reminds me when I visited the wonderful city of Liverpool – yes I know its the roots is slavery, as without it, Liverpool wouldn’t of developed into the marital might it became but I assure you, the people of this city are friendly, warm and looking at how multi-cultural it is today, it’s definitely worth a visit.

I spend four days in this beautiful city, seeing the Anti-Slavery International museum, the Roman Catholic and Church of England Cathedrals, The Beatles museum, the Yellow Submarine Tour, the Superlambananna statue - yes that's what it's called - and I went on a ghost tour, which included visiting a pyramid tomb of a man who tried to cheat the devil - to find out why, you must go on the tour!

I also went on the Magical Mystery tour which visits where the members of the Beatles grew up. They came from good, middle-class upbringings, certainly not the barely two-pennies-to-rub belief many have of their backgrounds!

All of these places I highly recommend anyone to visit but I admit, the highlight was going to Liverpool Football Club which included a tour – providing access to the team’s changing room and includes a visit to their museum.

I went for two days, firstly to capture the atmosphere of the fans before a Premiership home match – the warmth around me was truly amazing and magnificent.

I’ve included some pictures of my time at Liverpool and hope they can encourage you to see for yourself just why I highly recommend a visit to this area of the UK.

Don’t forget to visit my other internet page: www.andriagreaves.com

Light and Peace

Andria Greaves




No comments: