Friday 13 February 2009

I like the front picture of Michelle Obama on the front cover of the March 2009 US edition of Vogue

She is pictured in a Jackie Kennedy style picture with the perfect words fitting it: Michelle Obama, the first lady the world’s been waiting for.

Here, here!

Sadly I’ve also seen the front picture in The Sun newspaper showing 13-year-old Alfie Patten with his newborn daughter.

Children having children is a big worry and I hope this highlights just how important sex education is for adolescents and shouldn’t be ignored.

The far-right Dutch MP Geert Wilders has been banned from the UK after unsuccessfully trying to see the British premiere of his anti-Islamist film.

It seems that he’s getting more publicity than ever as it was shown over the newsrooms how this previously little-known eccentric politician was man-handled at Heathrow.

The audience for his film, which was shown in UK Parliament, was less than 30.

It’s good to see that the latest X-factor winner Alexandra Burke has signed a £3 million US record deal.

I hope she cracks the US market like the 2006 X-factor winner Leona Lewis.

I’m going to be a football steward at West Ham FC this Saturday when they play against Middlesbrough – yes it’s the 14th of February, a day that single people like me don’t actually like!

No red roses for me, just hard work on an empty stomach – unless I have a big breakfast in the morning, as no safety steward is allowed to eat when you start working, which is hours before the kick-off.

Even when the match has finished, football stewards are still working for many hours afterwards.

Nevertheless, I’m so glad to be working, once again doing a job that’s truly exciting – I wouldn’t miss it for anything.

This is an FA Cup match and considering West Ham were finalists in 2006 - losing to Liverpool at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff as Wembley Stadium was still under construction - it’s sure to be a good match.

Many thanks to CES – Controlled Events Solutions – for booking me and I’m really sorry Tajinder that we can’t meet this week.

Tajinder Gill is a colleague-turned-friend who I met when I was the deputy editor, many years ago at the now defunct London Voice newspaper.

She’s remained a true mate through thick and thin and now works for the NUT.

I assure you Taj I’ll explain all when we next meet.

It snowed again in North-West London on Thursday evening – 12th February - but I’m glad to say it didn’t result in the trouble we had last week in preventing people from travelling from A to Z.

Boris Johnson, the Mayor for London, has launched the London Delivery Board, in order to tackle the city’s homeless problem.

Half the country’s rough sleepers are found in London – a total of 3,000 people over the course of a year, so any plans to tackle this problem is bound to be welcomed by many.

I’ve got some more pictures to show of my time in Liverpool, a city that’s so unique.

Some of these pics are from the Anti-Slavery International museum, some are regarding my time being on the ghost-walk tour of Liverpool – there’s only one at the moment - and some are just from me walking around central Liverpool.

I’ve just remembered that when I was on the Magic Mystery Tour, I sat next to a guy from Norway who had flew in with two mates to see Liverpool FC, which shows the international appeal of this city and its football team.

Enjoy!

Light and Peace

Andria Greaves

Please don’t forget to visit my other internet address: www.andriagreaves.com





No comments: