Saturday 17 July 2010

Viva Espanola

Congratulations to Spain on winning the FIFA football World Cup.

I’m glad at least one of my top three teams got the top prize.

The final, against Holland, was a temperamental match but the Spanish did deserve their one-nil victory.

It’s hard to imagine this is the first time the Spaniards have won.

I just love this short documentary, which is why I rooted for them.

To see it, click here.

£££££££

Now that it’s over, I will say who was, in my view, was:

The Best Team:

For this one, I didn’t need the help of Paul the octopus!

Spain started slowly but did achieve what they deserved.

Their hammering of Germany was tremendous – they should’ve won that match 4-nil.

If Fernando Torres had been on form, they would have won against the finalists Holland by a greater margin.

The Best Player:

Wesley Sneijder.

When he got a chance with the ball, he was very effective. His playing was simply what football is about: magnificent, outstanding and crucial. To see some of his goals, click here.

Holland wouldn’t have got to the final without him.

The Best Team Performance:

I did underestimate Germany.

Their destruction of England was painful to watch but Germany did show their willingness to try new strategies and repeated this against England and Argentina..

I want to say, I did enjoy watching Argentina, which does explain why I'm glad Diego Maradona got a renewed contract as their manager.

But the pace and willingness of Joachim Low’s team clearly stunned Argentina, whose defence wasn’t up to much – they should of watched their opponent’s previous match against England!

That's why I'm glad Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson spoke up for him.

The Best Goal:

There were many that deserve this but the winning goal by Spain’s Andres Iniesta was breathtaking as well as unexpected.

I was searching for a link for you to see it again but the sites I sech for have been blocked on copyright grounds!

The Best Tactic:

I have to hand it to the USA. I really believed they would lose against England 3-1 but they kept their nerve and composure.

I think they will have a future in this tournament, despite coming from a country more interested in playing baseball, basketball and a corrupt version of rugby.

The Best Match:

Holland against Brazil – the Dutch stopped the South Americans in their tracks.

The Samba Kings need to go back to the drawing board, unless they want to end up like the once mighty West Indies cricket team.

I’ll state more, including my view on best manager but for now, bye, as I do have a tendency to go on and on and on…


Andria

No comments: