Saturday 3 July 2010

England aren’t the only team out of the world cup.

Other fine teams include Brazil, Portugal and Ghana.

On that issue, may I say I’m glad Fabio has decided to stay as manager of England.

I’m sorry, like most people in England that are men didn’t defeat Germany but that don’t mean Mr Capello should be our scapegoat.

I feel John Barnes said it the best in The Evening Standard newspaper, when saying the team ethic wasn’t there.

I fully agree when he said former England captain John Terry said a lot but didn’t concede to the fact that he was a part of the problem.

Read it for yourself by clicking here.

*******

I also feel for Ghana’s Asamoah Gyan hitting the bar against Uruguay.

If there’s one thing I can say from personal experience, nothing in life is more expensive than regret.

That’s why I urge Mr Gyan, please put that free kick miss behind you, realise life goes on or live a lifetime of bitterness which will have a long-tem effect on your career.

It’s either one or the other, you can’t have both.

Furthermore there are things that happen we cannot foresee; its how we deal with them that shape us as a person.

Turn away from self-pity, as Coolio says, in his inspirational song, I'll C U when you get there.

Listen for yourself by clicking here.

*******

All this talk about football makes me forget, our country won the cricket one-day series.

For many years, this game was dominated by the Aussies but not any more!

Go England!

Light and Peace

Andria

No comments: