Wednesday 11 July 2012

IN LOVING TRIBUTE OF MR MAYO CHARLES MARRIOTT, BSC (HONS)

I’m very saddened to hear of his death today.

I was informed by Ms Jyoti Patel, one of the two welfare rights workers at the Brent Association of Disabled People (BADP) of his sad passing.

He was a good man who despite being left confined to a wheelchair with breathing apparatus - he had muscular dystrophy - he loved life and held regular workshops on positive thinking.

He was the London Borough of Brent’s representative regarding multiple sclerosis (MS).

When I had my first noted attack of demyelinating disease and realised this was going to lead to MS, I have to admit I panicked and simply couldn’t understand why.

But when I attended his last workshop, aimed at people who had muscular dystrophy and MS, held on a Sunday at the Willesden Centre for Health and Care, I realised the power of positive thinking.

It was then I also realised that remaining in a self-imposed exile in my home wasn’t helping anyone, especially me, myself and I.

It was then that, despite the nasty remarks and comments my family and I had received over the years, from neighbours, children and other adults who should of known better; I was ready to come of my parents’ home and seize life again, as I did before.

This picture below of Mayo; his smile isn’t just for the camera.

He really had a fixed smile on his face, every time he came to work at the BADP.

I assure you Mayo, everyone at the BADP misses you and hopes through us, your wonderful nectarine drops of and about life goes on.

So here’s to you Mayo, still wishing you the very best, now that your spirit is taking you to another place.

Love, light and peace

Andria

For more information about muscular dystrophy, click here.

PS, don’t hesitate to see some of my work by clicking here.


No comments: