Friday 22 June 2012

WELCOME TO THE MS CLUB JACK OSBOURNE.

That’s one of the best things I can say to you, regarding this illness.

Your eating habits will have to change as you will find certain foods only flare up your condition.

In my case, it’s the humble tomato - tomatoes as it’s stated in the USA.

You will also have to know where the toilet is, wherever you go.

You will also be feeling annoyed that this illness has affected you.

This, I certainly know from my own experience.

You will also wonder, why now?

After living such an adventurous life, you may feel cheated, that it was wrong, considering all the people on this Earth - especially since there are so many unpleasant people out there - it was decided you should have this illness.

I was looking forward to having an ordinary life, which included getting married, having kids and getting a mortgage when I got this illness.

Needless to say, all my previous plans went straight out of the window!

I still remember the anger and bitterness I had when, at the Wembley Job Centre Plus, in north-west London, I screamed down the phone to a true gentleman, who was at the Belfast Benefit Delivery Centre, WHY ME?

He calmly replied: “you’ve got to deal with the cards life has sent you.”

He was right. Considering I called myself Miss Independent, I couldn’t see myself not being able to cook my own meals or being limited in what I can physically do.

I couldn’t think of a day when I couldn’t jog but now I can’t.

I still have a weakness for milk chocolate but because my body no longer allows me to join in other aerobics classes – apart from swimming - I now limit myself to one bar a week.

My friends, who have MS and are in a wheelchair, won’t even touch it.

It’s also tempting to get bitter, as I lost my job thanks to this illness - I can no longer touch type.

I also can’t cook my own meals and have to rely on take-aways or ready-made meals for one person, which I know are not healthy all the time but that’s the way it is for me.

But once you accept your condition, you will then see other opportunities in life and be thankful.

His mum, Sharon Osbourne, got it spot on when she talked about the importance of having a positive outlook in life, regarding multiple sclerosis.

There is no point in worrying over things you simply cannot change.

Considering the things his dad, Ozzy Osbourne has done with his past, it's tempting to think that the medics who diagnosed Jack's condition, got it wrong but that's simply not the case with MS.

So here’s wishing you dignity, happiness and the very best of everything in life, Mr Jack Osbourne.

Light and Peace

Andria.

X


PS don’t forget to visit my other site by clicking here.


No comments: