Monday 6 June 2016

MR MUHAMMED ALI - MY TRIBUTE.


The spirit of the man who dubbed himself The Greatest has departed from this earth.

MAY HE REST IN ETERNAL PEACE.

It’s not just the world of boxing who is saddened by Mr Ali’s demise, WE ALL ARE.

One of his former opponents, Mr George Foreman, mentioned Mr Ali, in his book: Going The Extra Smile.

In chapter five, Mr Foreman says in this wonderful book: “I’ve won a lot of fights in my life…the fight many people seem to remember me most though is the one I lost – the “Rumble in the Jungle”  in 1973 against Muhammad Ali.”

Mr Foreman talks at how that event changed bothy himself, the people that listened to him preach and the late boxer himself, especially when, years later, asked by a reporter about the fight, Foreman, who before had many reasons why he lost, simply said, the better man won.

Mr Ali read that comment and it opened a friendly dialogue between him and Mr Ali that has lasted until Ali’s unwanted death.

I’m so pleased at reading the above book, which I still keep and read at times when I feel angry, as it’s still a wonderful example of the importance of letting go of past disappointments and enjoying what today holds.

So thank you, to both Mr Ali and Mr Foreman, for the wonderful Rumble in the Jungle, a powerful and important match.

It is still viewed today as a wonderful example of sportsmanship and entertainment, despite the exit of one of its performers.

Love Andria

1 comment:

Sweet Lily said...

He's still in my heart. Legend never dies.