Monday 7 January 2013

Rest in peace, Mr Wyclife Bowen

I’m so saddened and sorry to announce the death of my mother’s brother.

Along with my dad, Joseph, my mum Eleanor Greaves (nee Gibbons) will be flying to Barbados this week Wednesday morning to help bury him.

I wasn't close to him but he was her brother, my uncle and I can imagine the pain she must be feeling, as I would be grief-stricken if it had been my brother who I was burying.

The news came to us on my dad’s birthday, the 22nd of December but my dad knew he could celebrate another day and broke the sad news to my mum as soon as she arrived home, which was roughly after 4pm GMT.

He leaves behind a wonderful son Biko, who I’m proud to say is my cousin – his parents, especially his mum, have done a great job in bringing him up.

Mr Bowen, you now sleep with the stars in the sky, now and forever.

Love

Andria

No comments: