Wednesday 20 July 2011

I still miss The News of the World newspaper.

It dealt with a wide range of subjects, including a book review that was very informative and influencial.

It introduced me to the pleasures of the Matt Rudd books about a guy called William Walker.

It’s like reading a male Bridget Jones.

Because I have demylenation disease, it takes me longer to read but the humour in them makes it worth it.

Check him out for yourself by clicking here.

That’s also one of the reasons why I feel libraries must be protected and I’m proud to be a supporter of them, which includes my local library Tokyngton.

Go libraries!

To see more of this worthwhile campaign, click here – although the campaign title doesn’t mention Tokyngton, they do cover it.

£££££££

So the Tevez move to Brazil’s Corinthians is off – or is it?

Either way, there’s no point in keeping on a player if they want to leave.

The asking price for this man maybe a factor – perhaps Manchester United were right in their refusal to pay the fee once demanded by Tevez’s reps two seasons ago as it’s clear Manchester City want a return on their investment on him.

I remember seeing Mr Tevez several months ago, training at Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge with his personal trainer a good four hours before their match.

His energy and goal scoring make him a fantastic player – no wonder City won’t let him leave at any price – if the rumours are correct it seems that Corinthians are going to bid for Carlos again, with a new and improved bid.

I truly hope all goes well for him, wherever he plays.

£££££££

Also on this issue of wishing people well, Northampton, the runners up of the Heineken Cup, are going to need it when they face the Irish team Munster.

I admit I’m not much of a rugby fan but I’ve heard about this team – they are formidable.

Like the 1970’s female tennis player Billie Jean King, they take everything they see.

Don’t take my word for it, read their impressive track record for yourself by clicking here.
£££££££

Don’t forget to see my other site by clicking here.

Light and Peace

Andria

No comments: